Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happening Along Hwy 5l5, More of the Same

Please don't think from that title that nothing is happening here in the Mountains.  Just believe me, its more of the same. That isn't all bad, its just, more of the same.  Last weekend was beautiful and I was included in a Pumpkin Patch adventure with my sweet grandsons.  The sky was blue and the air had that crispness that comes with Autumn. Every small farm in the North Georgia Mountains has decided to turn a buck by turning their working farms into a corn maze and a pumpkin vending machine.  The tractors have found a new life by pulling screaming children around in a wagon. The farm animals are now a "petting zoo".  Still nothing takes the place of the beautiful scenery.   The leaves are beginning to turn and fall festivals are all over the North Georgia Mountains.  Ellijay has had its last weekend of the Apple Festival and Blue Ridge has had its Arts in the Park.  This next weekend will be Marietta's Arts and Craft Show on the Square.  My daughter and I will set up and sell our wares.  She crochets the most darling children's hats and shoes and I will pretend to be an artist and sell my little paintings. But today it is more rain and the deer ate my pumpkin on the front porch. (Well, actually they just knocked it down the street and ran after it like curious children until it hit a tree and broke open. Then they ate it. ) My sister lives in Texas and I know I should be grateful for the rain but my house is beginning to have green slime on it and I truly think blue skies would help my disposition so I am complaining.  Tomorrow I have a biopsy on my breast.  I am not scared but all women who go through this will admit, its concerning. I am not good at asking for help.  In fact, I am just terrible at it.  You all know I bear my soul, but its in this totally impersonal way.  Its not with a phone call and tears.  It is instead with this totally unconnected way of writing about my trials and tribulations in a blog.  An avenue that allows you to have semi-relationships with people whom you don't know, will never meet and who will not attend your funeral.  But in times like these when l in 5 relationships begin on the internet and the only men who flirt with me are nameless and possibly 89, it seems fitting that I ask all of you to remember me in your prayers.  I will let you know the results and I will tell you about the Craft Show, but more importantly I will say thank you for reading my blog and helping me feel less isolated in this beautiful wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment