Sunday, October 28, 2012

I Paint Like I Date, Nuff Said

Once again I sit here and wonder what in the world to write about.  I could continue with my exciting dating life.  You know that would be a lie.  I will tell you though that I am continuing to hold fast and true to my promise to have a date for New Year's Eve even if it is with another nut.  So I am still on Zoosk and all I can say is "Great Zoosk, who in the world are these people?" This week I want to tell you about something good in my life instead.   My artwork.  I am not an artist.  Artist have talent and training and most importantly, better paint and brushes than I have. But what I lack in all the above I have made up for in having nerve.  I will try anything.  I  paint on everything, anything.  Windows, old tin, aluminum siding, pots, pans, hub caps, everything. My vivid imagination and complete lack of discretion has made me a natural when it comes to finding something silly and fun to paint and not being the least bit embarrassed that someone will pay for it.  After all I have actually paid to meet someone on-line.  Even dumber I have paid to have my house cleaned when others are paying me to clean their houses.  So to sell my artwork to unsuspecting art lovers in Jasper,  doesn't bother me at all.  I am including a couple of my newest pieces so that you see I really am telling the truth.  Not even stretching it this time.  I feel like Bob in "What About Bob?" strapped to a mask and heading out to sea, yelling at the top of his lungs, "I'm sailing, I'm a sailor". Only I am yelling to all of you "I paint, I am a painter".   And I have paint on my garage floor, hair, my chairs, bottom of my feet ( I should wear shoes), door nobs and a lot of my clothes to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment