Wednesday, March 23, 2011

He Went to Zales

When you are living through something like a divorce, illness, major catastrophe like a hurricane or probably a tsunami (hopefully never to be there) you go through the motions.  You do the normal everyday things but you are not really there. You can see it on the faces of people in Japan, they are stunned by what has happened to them.  I know I bought groceries, played with my grandchildren, walked through the mountains, but most of it seemed to be a dream. And then it became a nightmare.  The harassment started.  I got an email first.  "You are just an old dried up woman." it began.   They came every few days, usually in the evening. A lot of misspelled words.  I'm not talking can't spell meningitis, I mean can't spell head cold.  Couldn't spell Alabama.  My first thought was WHY is this girl bothering me?  My second, must be trouble in paradise. Then phone calls started.  Sometimes I would get 4, 5 a day.  Always with the same slurred speech telling me of my "old dried up self".  Now, I might have to go there on the old, but the dried up part was a little too personal.  Mostly she told me "We are in love.  He wants a divorce." A few times I would answer and yell, "He's getting one, OK?"  Sometimes they would be like sweet to start out and then within two seconds she'd start cussng and yelling. Once she asked how I was doing!? These were just the messages.  Not conversations you understand.  The calls followed me to Florida when I went with my family on vacation, they followed me to church,  they followed me to bed in the evening.  When I told my attorney he said there was little that could be done.  "Don't answer the phone."  Now that was helpful, cause the girl could text in her sleep.  Sometimes I still think I hear the beep. 24 in a row in one day. Even after the papers were signed the end of June, the emails, calls and texts continued.  To break the monotomy, her mother started emailing me.  Now who on God's green earth would tell her mother that she had just broken up a l3 year marriage and it was to be with a man 40 years older, old enough to be her grandfather.   Would you be proud of your daughter?  I got the "mother's" name, tranced her email address to a nursing facility in Ankcorage and called her.  She pretended she was a nurse but I had already learned from HR she was cleaning bedpans. She reiterated with the"Well, they are in love" speech and I told her I didn't care if they were green and purple and flying upside down, leave me alone.   The best email came in August when the "Mother" ( I think some of these were fake because she couldn't spell either and I think the Mother really was a little concerned that her daughter was a nut) sent a very short email .  "They are in love. And he has bought her a ring at Zales in Ankcorage."  Now had I ever doubted that "they were in love" I knew now that it was the truth.   He got it at Zales. Paid over $3000 for it.  I will not devulge how you learn that kind of stuff.  But it had to be love.  Its the diamond store after all.  Yes, they were getting married as soon as the 60 days waiting period was up.  They had about 2 weeks to go. And joy above joy, she had a five year old child that was now living with them. He would be starting school in September.  Where in the two seater Porsche would they put the car seat?

No comments:

Post a Comment