Sunday, November 20, 2011

Santas, Geeks and Skippers

They always say three times is the charmer.  While that has not proven to be true in marriage, at least for me, it did work out OK in getting my computer fixed.  The third try took.  I am on-line again and I haven't cussed at my computer once in three days.  I didn't say I haven't cussed but my anger has not been directed at Microsoft.  This is truly a record considering all that I have been through with Vista.  I don't even really know what Vista is but I know that its a mess for computer people and its even worse on those illiterates like me. My computer Geek looked exactly like you would have expected.  Long hair in a pony tail and wire rimmed glasses.  Of course that also sounds like all the Santa look alikes up here in the mountains but he did not have a long, flowing white beard. A short white beard.  And a bowl full of jelly (or was it jell-o). I mention this because this past week I went down to Marietta to see my grandson's first Thanksgiving play at preschool and guess who was there?! A Santa look alike. He had on the traditional red T-shirt and flowing white hair and beard.  My daughter explained that this man actually plays Santa.  I was not the least bit surprised anymore.  There are more Santa look alikes up here in Georgia than there are Rednecks in Alabama. One of the children in the play ran up to this man and immediately began telling him how good she had been and what she wanted for Christmas.  I can't tell you how hard it was for me to ignore his lap and not crawl up there myself.  I certainly could say I have been good.  I am almost sick of how good I am being.  And I had a list of requests.  But at least I got one of the first ones on my list taken care of by the Geek.  My computer works.  And now so can I.  Blogging and Match.com searching.  Its hard work but somebody's got to do it and I guess its up to me. A friend called to tell me she wanted to introduce me to someone and I have to go find him on Match or Facebook first so I can look at his pictures and check out his profile.  It might be a blind date, but I am not blind and I want to look him over first.  I have had bad blind dates before so at least now with Match.com and Facebook, I don't have to be surprised if I get set up with Santa.  Probably not though, he's from Florida.  What do they have a lot of in Florida?  Boat captains.  His name is Skipper.  Ho-ho-ho

No comments:

Post a Comment