Monday, March 12, 2012

My Spring Has Sprung

I admit I am suffering from writer's block.  For the last few weeks I have completely found my creativity stymied. Maybe it has to do with February and turning 60.  Between the weather and my birthday, its the worst month.  Whatever the reason, it is a depressing time of year.  This past weekend though I was to head to God's country.  Going to Alabama, and home, is always a comfort. But I didn't really want to make the drive.  Just thinking of the expense of filling my tank now throws me into a tail spin. I wanted to see my sweet new great nephew who had arrived early but in perfect shape and with the biggest hands I have ever seen on a newborn. Precious.  I wanted to help celebrate the upcoming wedding of my darling niece. I have missed my daughter and her hubby who's there.  But the gas?????  When I crossed the Alabama line though and saw the greenest of the earth, the crab apple and pear trees in full blossom and even azaleas in bloom, my spirits lightened.  Alabama is greener than the Obama Administration and Greenpeace combined. The trees in the N. Georgia Mountains have that sweet lacy look, hoping that the temps will rise enough to help them bud out.  The trees in Central Alabama are screaming "Its Spring Time". The air was cleaner and fresher and I felt so at home. My car was covered in a soft dusting of pollen, I had a slight hot flash and I got a mosquito bite. It was heaven.  On my return I had to call folks to give me the strength just to cross back over that Georgia line.  Now I am here again in my small if not boring life but the promise of spring has reminded me that one day I shall bust the bud of my calm resolve and bloom into complete happy hysteria. Its just a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment