Sunday, July 1, 2012

Date Three- Wasn't

Instead of enjoying the wonderful, lustful throngs of date three, I stayed home and watched old movies.  My dating life, my life in general, seems in desperate need of a Re-do.  I keep thinking of Hillary and her Reset Button and wondering where mine is on the VCR/DVD player. Sundays do not lend themselves to Re-dos; so movies are it on a Sunday in Jasper.  I feel that if I could simply hit a button and change everything I would but instead I sit here for hours and watch these funny old movies that I haven't pulled out in months.  First I watched Baby Boom.  I had forgotten the scene where the heroine talks about being lonely and not having had sex in years while living in a small rural town in the mountains. I wonder "Where is the one good looking vet in Jasper?"   I must get that dog. Next I watched Funny Farm. Again, the insanity of living in a rural community and trying desperately to fit in.  Finding most locals were  boring and stupidly mean and really didn't care to help you fit in.  And of course, the dog.   Then I started Prince of Tides and decided, "Crap"!  I can not watch another movie highlighting the insanity and depravity that develops in individuals who are left too long by themselves in small rural community which primarily feature incest, insanity and inspires stupidity.  Instead I will go back to Match.com and try to find someone to talk to and who has a better selection of movies.  And get the dog and put my house on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment