Monday, September 17, 2012

Now Back to My Love Life

Ok, so I was a fool for love.  Not the first time nor the last.  I want to say right up front ; this was not one of those "he's just not that into you" stories.  He was really into me.  So how does it happen when a guy's so into you that you wake up one day to find, he's not?  Well, I have a theory on that.  If you have a younger sister or granddaughter who's just beginning her dating career, which is the only way to describe how my "dating" has gone for almost 45 years, send her this blog.  I am going to tell you some of the things I have learned about men and dating.
1.  If he says "I don't want to hurt you", he can and will and already knows it.  He may not have a plan but he knows what he is capable of doing to you. 
2.  If he calls you, kisses you, or says anything about the future within the first 24 hrs of meeting you, he probably will follow up at some point with "I don't want to hurt you".
3.  If he seems too good to be true, he is.  Don't be fooled by anything he says.  A man in heat is just like a dog in heat.  He not only will self destruct, but take you with him.  Many a male dog has died on the highway just trying to get to the female on the other side. And often he has drug her out there with him.  From the moment he sees you until 6 months later, believe nothing.
4.  If he says all the right things, its because he has said them so many times that they fall right out of his month.  He knows what you want to hear and he gives it to you.  I'm not saying he does this on purpose, I'm just saying he does this.
5.  If he says he's not a good guy, believe him.  He knows himself better than you do.  As women we try so hard to say "oh, no, you're wonderful".  He isn't.  He is not a good guy.  He will tell you who he is so listen to him.
So ignore all the love songs you have ever heard.  Listen closer to the breakup, broken up, pulling your heart out through the soles of your shoes songs.  Don't listen to or believe any song by Billy Holliday, Tammy Wynette or Patsy Kline.  Listen to Carrie Underwood.  Kill him before he kills you.  Like Beyonce says "Find the Good in Goodbye". These are the things I have learned the hard  way.  But will I do it again?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment