Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santy Clause?

OK, I know I exaggerate sometimes.  But this is not one of those times.  One of the girls I work out with suggested someone that I might want to meet.  I listened as she described him in detail.  All the way down to the automobile he drives.  I am not a car person.  I love convertibles and old trucks.  That's as far as I go. But even I knew his automobile upon description.  She wanted to fix me up with Santa.  I don't know if he is the real Santa or not.  My guess is....possibly.  Now I want to describe him to you and you make up your mind.  You may even vote on it or email me and say I should go out with him.  I do love Christmas probably as much as anyone and I come from a long line of  people who use large colored lights, wooden cuts outs of snowmen, standing by Baby Jesus in the manger, with carolers, a sleigh and reindeer and any and every over the top decor during the season but still....I am very doubtful that this could be a match.  He's a big man, at least 6 feet in height.  He is robust to say the least.  He has a belly that shakes like a bowl full of something.  He has rosy cheeks.  He has a long white beard, long, white, beard. Remember we are talking living here in Jasper.  He drives a red pick 'um up truck.  At Christmas time he actually had reindeer painted on the side of it. And antlers. Now don't get me wrong I love those cute little ones you can buy on line with the red nose deal that you take off when its New Years, but I'm talking painted on the side of your truck.  Every time I have seen him, he is in red.  He has red suspenders.  Once last year I was lunching with a friend in Canton who will remain nameless, but she knows who she is, and we saw this man (or his twin, triplet, who knows how many there are) and his two brothers. All dressed in red and with long white beards having lunch with their dates. I will mention that the women did not look like Mrs. Santa but who knows it might be like the movie where if you marry Santa or even date him, you might start to grow white hair yourself. Robust I am trying to avoid.  That's why I was at the gym.  I am sure he is a good guy. Even the Potato Queens must love Santa. Of course, to be honest, one night a year could be enough. Its more than I have had lately.  And I am sure I would get good presents because he would know what I wanted.  I would make the nice list for sure. And it might be hard to be naughty with that belly. Its an option I am keeping open.

1 comment:

  1. OMG That is all I can say. Let's save up and go find a beach bum.....well maybe Santy claus would be nicer and probably isn't a drunk like the ones we knew in Fairhope.

    ReplyDelete