Monday, June 13, 2011

MIracles and Dogs, God's Big Blessings

I believe in miracles. I know, that sounds like a song, but its the truth.  I have seen them in my life and in the life of others. They happen. Not as you expect, or when.  That's why they are called "miracles".  I went to a writing group last week and the assignment was to write about your passion. I couldn't think of what to say.  I have passion, don't get me wrong.  I am a very passionate person. I just don't know about what.  When it hits me, then I know it.  When I am in that mind frame, and I am struck by my complete belief in a cause then I feel it.  Then I could pick up a sign and march for it. Then I would die for my belief. I just don't know what it is until it happens.  Today I know what I am passionate about. Stubbornness.  I passionately believe in being stubborn.  I could be more tactful and say perseverance or tenacity. I could quote Winston Churchill, "Never, never, never give up".  I could talk wisdom and strength of resolve. Fortitude. Truth is,  most of its just plain mule headed stubbornness.  I am a stubborn person and I am grateful for it. For one year I have been whining, praying and carrying on about my dogs.  I have asked nicely to see them, with salt and with vinegar, with sugar and with syrup.  Nothing.  Then out of the blue - my dogs are here with me. That is a miracle.  The thing about dogs is that they love you.  They love you when they are scratching your hardwood floors, scratching themselves all night long, destroying your sofa, rolling in the dirt then heading to your off-white carpet, throwing up the grass they insisted on eating on your just mopped kitchen floor. They love you when you are fussing at them for any or all of the above.  They don't lie to you.  They don't use you except where treats are involved.  They want to play when you want to and they want to play when you don't want to. Given a chance they will nap with you, especially on that newly ruined sofa.  They don't make up stuff to make you feel bad about yourself.  In fact, they love you exactly like you are and think you are so special.  Or at least have the decency to act like it. They lay their sweet noses up against your arm,  rub their butts against the toe of your shoe when you cross your legs and they never make you feel fat, old or dried up.  They make you feel you are the best thing in life.  And if you love them back,  you are. I am so glad I didn't give up.  I am so glad that I am stubborn.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your dogs are with you for a while. Stubbornness paid off!

    ReplyDelete