Monday, June 27, 2011

More Bull than Pit

I've had a difficult time thinking about what to write about this weekend.  Not that I haven't had things happen. I have definitely had things happen.  First, I got bite by a dog.  That in itself was enough to write about because the sheriff's deputy that came out was kinda' cute and hit on me. He insisted I go seek medical treatment "cause he would want his wife to be careful" and do that, wink, wink.  So I had to go to my doctor and get a tetanus shot which really hurt like everything and made my arm sore. Then the guy who's dog bite me was a jerk and said he wouldn't pay for my medical treatment.  He said his dog wasn't vicious, just another misunderstood pit bull.  Then the sheriff's deputy called me that evening to make sure I was doing OK and asked if I had gone to the doctor.  I said "yes" and he said he was really glad because he wanted to make sure I took care of myself.  He said I looked so young for my age, couldn't help but notice when I showed him my driver's license. I had told him when he asked for my license that I wasn't driving when the dog bite me but he said it was "regulations 'mam". Then he asked if he could call back later and check on me?!  Then the guy who's dog bite me got cited by the Animal Control Officer for not keeping the dog up for the required l0 days when a neighbor saw it running around again the next morning.  I was glad because my arm hurt all night and kept me awake.  Then the bill came by email from my doctor's office and it was $l20.  When handed to the guy who's dog bite me, it was promptly thrown back at me.  Then when the sheriff's deputy called back I told him. And he said "That's too bad".  Now I don't think there's a chance in hell that I have a future with the deputy after that, but my arm is fine and my insurance paid most of the bill and the Animal Control Officer said she expected the guy who's dog bite me will have a check to me pretty soon.  So, all in all it was a really nice weekend and I think I will come out almost $l00 ahead and I have no desire whatsoever to get a pit bull, a sheriff's deputy or another tetanus shot for l0 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment