Monday, January 2, 2012

It Was Just Peachy!

Lucky girl that I am, I spent New Year's at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl.  My good brother and sweet sister-in-law included me and kept me from spending New Year's in front of the TV, alone.  I understand the Peach Bowl is not considered, in football circles, as a Big Deal, but everyone except Virginia fans had a great time.  Not to mention, they actually started the game with a prayer.  After watching Brown(or sounds like???) College's majorettes strut up Peachtree in the parade and again in the pre-game entertainment, a prayer seemed right fitting. Those bodies that were covered wore skin tight shinny purple, full body things and those not so covered were in skinny almost see through, high cut leotards.  I do believe that they could easily find work on a stage in Las Vegas and use the same costumes. All they needed was the pole.  I am sure that many a man fell into lust and evil thinking, and many a woman into veil and contemptible condemnation,  while watching that booty call. The highlight of the parade was watching the balloons maneuver under the traffic lights and take the corner at Peachtree and International.  It felt more like a small town Christmas Parade with dogs, clowns and high school bands.   At the game the chicken folks had put cute little cows at every seat, orange and blue shakers (both team's colors)  and pretty much off and on the whole game, they kept dropping little cows into the stands strapped into little parachutes.  What fun!   This by itself was worth the price of the ticket.  Obviously, I am easily entertained.  Throw into the mix that Auburn won, and actually did it looking very competent, with some offense and pretty good defense, and it was a joy to behold.  After the game we walked down to Underground Atlanta to watch the Peach Drop. I honestly can say that on any given day of my life I have never seen so much spandex stretched so far in so many directions.  Having seen so many rumps in tight fitting black stretch pants, sequined mini skirts and animal prints, I have renewed my pledge to the gym and yogurt.  In fact, it was enough to scare me into weights and Body Pump classes.  I will tape up my knees and suffer to avoid having my hips touch both sides of Peachtree Street at the same time. I swear on some women you had to look twice to know if they were going or coming. My prayer for New Year's will be world peace and Lord, please help me to avoid purple anything on back side for the rest of my life. Amen.

1 comment: