Saturday, February 4, 2012

Autumn Has Come to the Spring Chicken and There's No Rooster in Sight

When I vacation with my brothers and sister, one of our favorite family films is "Folks".  It isn't the great acting or the scenery or anything of artistic value that draws our family to view this film over and over. Its the insanity of the old people in the movie.  My older siblings just die laughing when the old couple do something outrageous to themselves, their children or society in general.  I used to be mildly entertained about it but really thought much of it was kinda' stupid and exaggerated. Or at least I thought so until I became one of the old, insane people. Daily now I am reminded that a mind is a terrible thing to waste as I watch myself become an "insane, old lady".  I have to tell you about my cruise.  My 4 day 3 night cruise was not.  It was a 4 night cruise.  I came home on Friday not Thursday night as I expected.  I had to email my family, at almost a dollar a word, to keep them from worrying about where I was on Thursday evening.   Also I missed my first experience of being advertised and recognized as the main artist in a local art show here in Jasper on Friday evening because, instead I was still driving up I-75 at a hundred miles an hour trying to get home from Cape Canaveral, Florida.  I don't know anyone else who has ever managed to get on a ship and sail off into the sunset and not know when  they were coming home unless they were in the navy.  No, that's not true.  I now know another person because my roomy didn't know either and she had to let her husband know by email also.   Up until now I have always packed my clothes with the old  " Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday" approach.  Fortunately, on this trip I threw in an extra pair of drawers or I would have been washing panties in the sink.  I would be embarrassed by my craziness but if I am to become embarrassed by every "little" stupid thing I do, I will find myself embarrassed all the time. Instead I am going to tell all of you about it, laugh it off and choose to think how lucky I was to take a 3 night cruise and be gone for 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment